REQUIREMENTS FOR OBTAINING LEARNER’S LICENSE
- Age 18 years or more for obtaining a 4-wheeler learner’s license
- Age proof – Attested copy – birth certificate / school leaving certificate / passport etc., as mentioned in the website of Transport Department.
- Address proof – Attested copy – ration card / voter ID card / electricity or telephone bill / passport etc.
Contact the RTO office under whose jurisdiction you reside, apply for learner’s license using application form 1, 1A & 2. Submit above mentioned documents along with 3 latest passport size photographs with fees as applicable.
A theoretical test may be conducted on computer / paper depending upon facilities available with the RTO. Upon clearing the test, you will get a learner’s license which is valid for 6 months.
By possessing the learner’s license you can:
- Learn the specified class of vehicle throughout India but you can drive the car only with a person who possesses a permanent license and is in a position to control the vehicle in an emergency.
- Your vehicle must display “L” sign in front & rear of the car.